Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Final Reflection

Taking on this module has been a wonderful experience. I have learnt much from this course and not to forget the things that I have learnt about myself while engaging in the class activities. 

The skills that I have acquired from this module include having to improve my interpersonal and intercultural communication skills. As emphasised several times, communication is key to putting ourselves ahead; be it in relationships as well as in workplace or formal settings. I think I have possess the necessary skills to engage in meaningful conversations; verbally or non-verbally. However, a possible weakness in me which is yet to be improved on, is confidence. This is evident from the low or negligible interactions I had with the class, as I believed that I am too ‘scared’ to share my opinions with the rest for fear of rejection or being ridiculed. As such, boosting my confidence is something that I intend to look into in the near future.

Nevertheless, this is compensated with the blog posts that were done as it allows me to share stuff with my fellow classmates without having to speak up and facing them. Besides sharing, I am also able to improve my writing and practice the 7Cs effectively, informally or in formal setup (Application letter). Overall, this has been an enriching experience especially with the fact that I am in the final year. The lessons on interview session, crafting of resume and application letter have helped me a great deal in preparing myself for stepping into the real working world. 

Last but not least, I would like to thank Ms Lim for being a wonderful tutor and the rest of the class for being part of this enriching journey.

Cheers,
Fahmi

No comments:

Post a Comment